The government’s guidance (opens new window) for local authorities on improving the supply and quality of supported housing sets out a range in interventions to better understand local need to plan strategically and build more effective partnerships to deliver improved supported housing choices. Our expert understanding of the supported housing market and insight into the latest in innovative practice can assist you as follows:
- Market intelligence to forecast demand for supported housing and help produce local plans
- Review of existing housing and supported accommodation services and operational effectiveness
- Appraisal of housing/accommodation assets and approaches to housing procurement for people at risk of homelessness
- Development of homelessness strategies
- Improving and developing housing and accommodation pathways for people experiencing/at risk of homelessness
- Research and support for operators, commissioners and policy makers
Review of care and supported housing portfolio
- Large Midlands based housing association (Citizen Housing Group, previously WM Housing)
- Review of care and supported housing portfolio
- To review the group’s portfolio of housing and supported accommodation services for people who are homeless/at risk of homelessness and vulnerable young people.
- To determine the optimum approach for the Group to take in relation to its portfolio of housing and supported accommodation services for people at risk of homelessness.
- We provided an evidence base of the operational performance and effectiveness of the Group’s housing and supported accommodation services for people who have experienced homeless and vulnerable young people.
- We produced a strategy for the Group to improve its housing and support offer to people at risk of homelessness and vulnerable young people including how it works with partner organisations and commissioners to deliver these services.