Strategic market assessment for housing and supported accommodation
- Assessing the market for:
- Housing designed for older people, across all tenures and housing types
- Supported accommodation for people with social care/support needs
- Accessible and fully adapted housing
- Housing that is designed to be flexible and adapt to people over the life course
- Quantitative and qualitative research
Researching the housing aspirations of older people in Torbay
- The Council required a market assessment of the demand for housing options suited to an ageing population
- The evidence base was required as the basis of a strategy for housing in later life.
- The market assessment and research has informed the development of the Council’s Strategy for Housing in Later Life.
- The research has also informed the Council’s market strategy for adult social care and detailed design guidance for extra care housing.
- It provides a more finely grained analysis of specific housing needs to inform the Local Plan review and an evidence base for a Supplementary Planning Document and guidance for developers/investors on housing for later life in Torbay.