For the purposes of this document, all references to the Housing LIN (Learning and Improvement Network) include the Housing LIN Ltd and the Housing LIN Enterprises Ltd.
The purpose of the statement is to specify the information that Housing LIN, 21 Summer Street, Stroud, Gloucestershire GL5 1NX ("HLIN") collects through this website and to explain what it does with the information it collects.
(1) This statement applies to everybody who visits this website and not just to those who register for the HLIN newsletter and other services ("Registered Users").
(2) Registered Users also agree to additional conditions set out below as Registration Conditions that are to be read with this statement.
3. Data Collected
(1) The information collected through this site is that supplied by the Registered Users upon registration and through using HLIN services.
(2) Such data are collected, held and processed for the following purposes:
(a) developing capacity and capability locally to achieve improvements in the delivery of housing, health and social care for older and disabled people;
(b) supporting policy implementation in relation to housing, health and social care for older and disabled people;
(c) supporting the development of housing, health and social care policy for older and disabled people; and
(d) dealing with Registered Users' enquiries and correspondence with a Registered User.
4. The Website
The Website’s is maintained at:
Housing LIN ltd.
C/o PRP, the Ideas Store
10 Lindsey Street, Clerkenwell
London EC1A 9HP
5. Subject Access Request
Subject Access Requests (SAR) under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other enquiries may be addressed to HLIN at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at the address given above.
HLIN reserves the right to add to or modify this statement from time to time.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure they are fast
- analysing anonymised data to help us understand how people interact with our services so we can make them better
We us a number of cookies that are essential to the operation of the site for the duration of your visit. No personally identifiable data is stored in these cookies and they are not used to track your usage of the site in any way.
So that the service is available when you want it and fast, we measure numbers and volumes of visitors. To understand what visitors want to use and not to use, so we can improve the service you receive and archive what is not used.
How to control and delete cookies
However, if you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our websites, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The 'Help' function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org (opens new window) which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your machine as well as more general information about cookies.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our website.
If you wish to view your cookie code, just click on a cookie to open it. You'll see a short string of text and numbers. The numbers are your identification card, which can only be seen by the server that gave you the cookie.
For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile device you will need to refer to its manual.
To opt-out of third-parties collecting any data regarding your interaction on our website, please refer to their websites for further information.