The government’s £20m supported housing improvement fund sets out a selection of investment streams for councils to better understand local need to transform the range of specialist and supported housing choices and related personalised services that support independence, choice and control. Our expert understanding of the supported housing market and modelling tool can assist you assess as follows:
- Stimulating local and regional markets for housing and support services
- Designing and practical assistance with housing and support delivery programmes
- Providing benchmarking and evidence of contemporary housing design and delivery
- Support with procurement planning and execution
Developing an extra care housing resource pack
- Greater Manchester Health & Social Care Partnership
- Developing an extra care housing resource pack
- In association with the Local Government Association’s Housing Advisor Programme (opens new window)
- Greater Manchester Health & Social Care Partnership wants to develop innovative models of accommodation with care in order to create a wider range of housing options for older and disabled people to allow increasing numbers of people to live in the community for longer.
- Developing innovative models of accommodation with care can be challenging for commissioners. They wanted to develop an extra care housing resource pack in order to assist local commissioners with this change.
The resource pack is:
- Stimulating the development of additional extra care housing across Greater Manchester which reflects contemporary practice and design whilst fitting into the Greater Manchester context
- Providing commissioners with evidence of the wider economic benefits of developing extra care housing
- Leading to the Greater Manchester extra care housing cost benefit analysis tool becoming more widely used by commissioners to evidence the positive impact of developing this housing and care model
- Giving commissioners a consistent way of assessing the likely cashable savings/cost avoidance from the use of extra care housing compared with other care options.