There has never been a more challenging time for commissioners, developers and providers seeking to secure capital investment and/or sustainable revenue streams for extra care housing.
The information set out under the subtopic in the left-hand side menu offer a selection of useful resources specifically on access to general capital funding pots and also signpost to dedicated capital funding streams in England. In particular, we highlight the Department of Health's 2013-2015 (Phase One) and 2015-2018 (Phase Two) Care and Support Specialised Housing Fund arrangements, and the HCA's Affordable Housing Programme arrangements.
Housing LIN Technical Brief
This recent update of our Funding Extra Care Housing Technical Brief details the sources of capital and revenue funding driving new investment opportunities for developing new extra care housing and maintaining the viability of existing provision in England.
Set out in 3 parts, the Brief comprehensively covers:
- key topics that set the context for funding extra care such as reduced state subsidies, welfare reform and risk management (opens new window)
- the principle sources of capital funding for scheme development (opens new window), and
- the operational housing and care costs that underpin revenue funding and potential new sources of funding, including a growing self-funder market (opens new window)
- Funding Extra Care Housing - Technical Brief (pdf - 6.97Mb) (opens new window)
A comprehensive review of the principal ways in which Extra Care Housing is financed.
- Executive Summary - Funding Extra Care Housing (pdf - 2.52Mb) (opens new window)
- Cost model: Extra Care Housing (pdf - 6.18Mb) (opens new window)
More information from the Housing LIN on revenue funding care and support in extra care housing, visit our commissioning extra care housing pages