HLINks Weekly: Housing, Health, and Social Care News
Monday 25 September 2023
September marks World Alzheimer’s Month, which aims to raise awareness and challenge the stigma surrounding Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Last week, Jeremy Porteus, CEO of Housing LIN, highlighted the importance of housing when supporting people living with dementia. This week, we'll hear from Wendy Wells, Dementia Co-Lead at Housing LIN, about how The Guinness Partnership aim to enhance the lives of those with dementia.
Meanwhile, we invite all housing with care communities to reflect on the past month and continue to help raise awareness, educate, support, and demystify dementia.
In today's newsletter, you can expect:
Resource Roundup: Including 3 New Personal Stories from TAPPI Champions
News Highlights: A reminder that the first round of the Dunhill Medical Trust Academy Excellence Awards is now open for nominations.
Expert Insights: From organisations shaping the future of housing, health and social care, including Everon and Intergenerational England.
Dates for your Diary: Register to attend this series of HAPPI Hours, including our next webinar with the connected care platform, Anthropos.
Member Spotlights: Get inspired by the dedicated work being done by fellow Housing LIN members, including Age Cymru's reflection on National Falls Awareness Week.
Thank you for being a part of our community. We hope you find this week's HLINks newsletter both informative and engaging. Stay tuned for more exciting updates in the weeks to come!
The Housing LIN Team
Facilitated by Pete Fleischmann and Jolie Goodman at Co-Production Works, the TAPPI Champions' group - 17 tenants and staff members from across the six project testbeds - have written 3 NEW Personal Stories that reflect on the positives and negatives of digital technology and how it affects their lives.
We also shared 10 top tips for creating authentic Personal Stories.
Talking Generations podcast aims to bring together people from across generations and sectors to share their stories, bridging the gap between generations and creating a more inclusive and connected society.
In this episode, Sarah Mitton provides an insight on the national community housing development ran by Clarion Group and how these initiatives serve local communities.
Welcome to TAPPI Cast, our weekly update on the 'Technology for our Ageing Population: Panel for Innovation' (TAPPI) project which aims to improve the way technology is used in housing and care for older people. Includes updates from our 6 Testbeds, Resources and Events of interest.
The first round of the Dunhill Medical Trust Academy Excellence Awards is now open for nominations. Full details of the awards, including the nomination process and timeline, are available in the award guidelines.
The deadline for nominations is 5pm on 3rd November 2023.
In today's fast-paced digital landscape, SIM-based Technology Enabled-Care (TEC) solutions are seeing greater demand from service providers across health, housing, and social care sectors. However, misconceptions about the technology can deter your organisation from harnessing the full potential of this type of solution.
In this article, Everon debunks 12 common misconceptions about SIM-based TEC solutions and provides clear answers to help you make an informed decision for your organisation.
Written by Charlotte Miller, Co-Founder of Intergenerational England, this Housing LIN guest blog discusses the advocacy for intergenerational housing to be firmly in the mix of any government strategy.
Charlotte outlines the work they have been doing to improve the mental and physical wellbeing of the old and the young in communities across the UK through embedding a culture of thinking intergenerationally.
September marks World Alzheimer’s Month, which aims to raise awareness and challenge stigma surrounding Alzheimer’s and dementia. Jeremy Porteus, Chief Executive of the Housing LIN shares his views on the importance of considering housing when supporting people living with dementia.
Last week, Age Cymru worked in partnership with Age Connects Wales and Care & Repair Cymru to lead a public awareness campaign all about falls. This year the focus was on intergenerational, and encouraging partners in the National Taskforce Wales to share any work that is taking place locally with school’s or other intergenerational work.
Dates for your Diary
HAPPI Hour Webinars
- Tapped into technology: The TAPPI experience on 03/10/2023 16:00 - 17:00
- Sustainability and Zero Carbon on 10/10/2023 16:00 - 17:00
- Collaborative Housing and Care Solutions: an International Perspective on 17/10/2023 16:00 - 17:00
- Better Housing Choices for People with a Learning Disability or Autism on 25/10/2023 16:00 - 17:00
- Remodelling sheltered housing for the 21st Century on 31/10/2023 16:00 - 17:00
- Health and Housing: Creating a Better Pathway to Recovery on 07/11/2023 16:00 - 17:00
- Marketing Housing Choices for Older People on 21/11/2023 16:00 - 17:00
- Housing LIN Cymru - Virtual Symposium on 12/12/2023 15:00 - 17:00
- HAPPI 15 years on on 19/12/2023 16:00 - 17:00
Events Supported by the Housing LIN
- Tunstall Roadshows | Navigating the digital journey on 20/09/23 - 21/11/23
- Housing for People with Learning Disabilities: Renting Your Own Place Research launch on 27/09/23 10:30 - 14:30
- Pragmatic Practioners Care Conference | External partner event on 09/10/23 9:00 - 16:00
- Healthy City Design 2023 Urban Renewal and Health Equity: Charting a sustainable path locally and globally on 17/10/23 - 17/10/23
- Extra Care Housing: Past, Present, Future on 10/11/23 9:30 - 16:30
- Healthy Ageing 2023 on 13/11/23 - 14/11/23
Thank you Tunstall Healthcare
The Housing LIN would like to thank Tunstall Healthcare for its sponsorship of our news pages. This, along with this newsletter, enables us to bring the latest news and information on housing with care and technology matters to our members.
Wishing you a wonderful week ahead!