This week we published a new Housing LIN guest blog about the benefits of an early intervention approach to housing solutions. We also have a new guide from the Urban Land Institute featuring a contribution from the Housing LIN. We also have a roundup of news and events from the specialist housing sector.
Housing LIN Blog
Housing Solutions – an early intervention approach
In their guest blog for the Housing LIN, Jill Pritchard & Alison Docherty set out how HealthCare Improvement Scotland’s Adapting for Change programme adopted an early intervention approach to achieve better integrated housing solutions for people in Scotland.
They show that by ensuring that a wide range of practitioners can engage with service users at the earliest possible opportunity health and wellbeing outcomes can be significantly improved, and housing has a big part to play in this. This blog will be of interest to anyone working in housing with care or specialist housing within a Scottish context.
Later Living: Housing with Care – A Good Practice Guide
Launching today, and featuring a contribution from the Housing LIN, this new guide published by The Urban Land Institute sets out examples of innovative practice within the emerging later living sector for funders, developers, architects, and operators.
Housing and Ageing
- Resolution Foundation Report: Ageing, fast and slow: When place and demography collide
- Erosh Guide: LGBT+ Older People and Sheltered & Retirement Housing (Erosh membership required for access)
- Inside Housing: We must stop treating older people as problems to be siloed in retirement homes
- The Guardian: The solution to ageing Britain’s housing crisis? Build almshouses
- The Independent: It’s not just millennials facing a housing crisis… older renters are suffering too
- Urban Edge: The expert view on senior living
Design, Planning, and Technology
- Andrew Black Consulting: Healthier and Happier
- Journal of Social Work: Outcomes for older telecare recipients: The importance of assessments
Health and Social Care
Housing LIN Events
Events promoted by the Housing LIN
Next week we feature a guest blog by Gita Prasad, co-chair of the East of England Housing LIN, about her Winston Churchill Travelling Fellowship on intergenerational living in Holland and Denmark.
We are also pleased to be a member of a new Coalition for Accessible Housing that is being launch next week. More details to follow.
The Housing LIN would like to thank Willmott Dixon for their support in producing this newsletter.