With initial support from the Housing LIN, the South West Housing Support Unit has produced a range of useful toolkits which are available for download from this page.
The overall aim of the Unit was to support every local authority area to have an informed plan for achieving better housing options for older people (including those that are vulnerable).
The project followed up on regional research 'Putting Older People First in the South West (opens new window)' and the work of the South West Housing LIN.
The report of the HSU's work in the region is available for download from this page. The report features write-ups of the informed plans developed in seven local authority areas and 'Light Touch Audits' in a further nine authorities.
- Appendix A: The Core Script
- Appendix B: A Market Assessment
- Appendix C: The pro-forma for support
- Appendix D: The Project Initiation Document (PID)
- Appendix E: The sub-regional workshop presentations
- Appendix F: UoR Accommodation Business Case
Toolkits available for download
Please note that this toolkit has two case study appendices and that one of these has a further seventeen appendices.
- Older People's Independent Living Services (OPILs), Bath & North East Somerset model
- The Independent Living Service (ILS) evaluation, Cornwall model
- a. ILS Service Specification
- b. Service Method Statement
- c. Staffing Method Statement
- d. ILS Communications Strategy
- e. Pilot Provider Joint Project Plan
- f. Consultation Project Plan
- g. Feedback Staff Conference
- h. Resident Survey Results
- i. The Banding System, Part 1 - tenant consultation
- i. The Banding System, Part 2 - staff consultation
- i. The Banding System, Part 3 - following staff consultation
- j. Banding self assessment tool
- k. Screen print of workbook
- l. Potential hub sites
- m. Activities co-ordinator role profile
- n. Transitional banding information
- o. Interim ILS report
Extra Care - Pathways and Allocations - there are five appendices to this toolkit
- 1. Extra care allocations and letting protocols
- 2. Blandford extra care allocation and lettings protocol
- 3. Wiltshire extra care allocation and lettings protocol
- 4. 9-step lettings process flowchart
- 5. Care pathway chart