This page provides a brief overview of a number of projects that the Housing LIN is involved in. They include both new resources we have commissioned and research and/or good practice projects that we have been invited to participate in. Where known, we indicate when these projects are due for completion.
DH Care and Support Specialised Housing Fund
As set out in paragraph 66 of the bidding guidance accompanying the Department of Health's £315m specialised housing fund, over the next few years the Housing LIN will be responsible for capturing details of the schemes assessed by the HCA and GLA (London only) and awarded grant in Phases 1 and 2 of the funded programme.
As schemes are handed over into management, our knowledge and information exchange will consist of an online directory of all successful schemes, building on the platform developed for the DH's former extra care housing fund.
We will also be liaising with successful agencies and their partners to host study visits and regional Housing LIN meetings to find out more about all aspects of the procurement development process. For example, the local planning, commissioning, design specification and care management requirements.
- View schemes built under the previous capital programme (2004-2012)
- View details of schemes that will be funded under Phase 1 of the Care and Support Specialised Housing Fund (2013-onwards)
- View details on Phase 2 of the Care and Support Specialised Housing Fund (2013-onwards)
- More information on our forthcoming regional meetings
Diversity In Care Environments (DICE) - Promoting Social Inclusion in Housing with Care and Support for Older People in England & Wales
The DICE Project is a two-and-a-half-year study which is funded by the Economic and Social Research Council. Its broad aim is to explore the social inclusion of older people from socially diverse backgrounds living in housing with care and support schemes in England and Wales in order to benefit social wellbeing, bolster against social exclusion, social isolation and marginalisation, and promote social cohesion in housing with care and support schemes.
Jeremy Porteus, Housing LIN Chief Executive will be acting as a consultant on the DICE Project.
- Promoting social inclusion in housing with care and support for older people in England and Wales (DICE) (Project Website) (opens new window)
HOME FROM HOSPITAL INTERACTIVE MAP
Developed in partnership with Foundations (the national umbrella organisation for Home Improvement Agencies), this interactive map highlights examples of where housing organisations and services are, or have been actively supporting hospital discharges and helping to get people home. We regularly update this map with new examples submitted for inclusion. If you have a project on delaying transfer of care that you would like referenced and/or would like to write a case study on it, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org (opens new window) for details.
ALSO IN THE PIPELINE
Forthcoming major Housing LIN publications on:
- Grand Redesigns: Remodelling Sheltered Housing - A compendium of practice (due in early October 2019)
- Working with the Urban Land Institute on a Housing with Care guide (due in early November 2019 )
- To coincide with the LGA/ADASS annual conference in Bournemouth this year, a new Housing LIN briefing on the NHS High Impact Changes – how housing and technology can be better integrated with health (due late November 2019)
- Refresh of our SW Housing LIN Leadership Set 5 year vision document, Putting Older People First in the South West – our vision 2020-2025 (due in the New Year)
- Working with RiPfa on a briefing on planning strategically for an ageing population (expected November/December 2019)
- Refresh of our Strategic Housing for Older People Resource Pack (Spring 2020)
- Refresh of Factsheet 6, Design principles for Extra Care Housing
- Working with the TLAP to produce a joint case study report on new innovative models of person-centered housing
A variety of forthcoming regional case studies, reports, blogs and viewpoints including:
- A selection of housing with care exemplars from Wales
- Innovative housing design case studies by leading architects
- Co-designing with local communities
If you would like further information any of the above or would like to discuss other projects that you think will be of interest to the Housing LIN, email us at email@example.com
In the meantime, register to receive our weekly bulletin HLINks which list the most recent 'calls for information' should you wish to contribute to any of our forthcoming resources.