This page provides a brief overview of a number of projects that the Housing LIN is involved in. They include both new resources we have commissioned and research and/or good practice projects that we have been invited to participate in. While some projects have been extended due to the pandemic, where known, we indicate when these projects are now due for completion.
APPG Housing and Dementia Inquiry
The Housing LIN is pleased to be invited to be the Secretariat to the latest APPG on Housing and Care for Older People Inquiry , chaired by Lord Best. Reporting in early 2021, the Inquiry is looking into the housing experiences of people living with dementia (for further details, click here to access the dedicated page on the Housing LIN's dementia pages).
DH Care and Support Specialised Housing Fund
As set out in paragraph 66 of the bidding guidance accompanying the Department of Health's £315m specialised housing fund, over the next few years the Housing LIN will be responsible for capturing details of the schemes assessed by the HCA and GLA (London only) and awarded grant in Phases 1 and 2 of the funded programme.
As schemes are handed over into management, our knowledge and information exchange will consist of an online directory of all successful schemes, building on the platform developed for the DH's former extra care housing fund.
We will also be liaising with successful agencies and their partners to host study visits and regional Housing LIN meetings to find out more about all aspects of the procurement development process. For example, the local planning, commissioning, design specification and care management requirements.
- View schemes built under the previous capital programme (2004-2012)
- View details of schemes that will be funded under Phase 1 of the Care and Support Specialised Housing Fund (2013-onwards)
- View details on Phase 2 of the Care and Support Specialised Housing Fund (2013-onwards)
- More information on our forthcoming regional meetings
Diversity In Care Environments (DICE) - Promoting Social Inclusion in Housing with Care and Support for Older People in England & Wales
University of Bristol’s DICE Project (opens new window) is a two-and-a-half-year study which is funded by the Economic and Social Research Council. Its broad aim is to explore the social inclusion of older people from socially diverse backgrounds living in housing with care and support schemes in England and Wales in order to benefit social wellbeing, bolster against social exclusion, social isolation and marginalisation, and promote social cohesion in housing with care and support schemes.
Jeremy Porteus, Housing LIN Chief Executive will be acting as a consultant on the DICE Project.
- Promoting social inclusion in housing with care and support for older people in England and Wales (DICE) (Project Website) (opens new window)
Supporting Adult Social Care Innovation (SASCI) project
The SASCI project is a ESRC funded project being undertaken by the London School of Economics’ Care Policy and Evaluation Centre. It is collaborative approach between research and practice partners looking at the entire process of innovation in adult social care: from the point when new ideas are created to the way they are implemented and spread. The Housing LIN is co-hosting 2 roundtable events with the LSE with housing with care operators and commissioners in 2020 to explore how innovations in housing with care development and services are contributing to adult social care innovations.
ALSO IN THE PIPELINE
Forthcoming major Housing LIN publications on:
- In partnership with Shakespeare Martineau, a Housing with Care sector survey. We are currently undertaking a state of the nation survey to better understand the perceptions of later life housing. Due to report to coincide with the Housing LIN Summit 2020 w/c 7 December.
- CollaborAGE. Building on the term coined by the Housing LIN, we are compiling an online compendium of practice on new innovative models of collaborative approaches to housing. Due to be launched to coincide with the Housing LIN Summit 2020 w/c 7 December.
We also have a range of new Housing LIN case studies, reports, guest blogs and viewpoints in the pipeline. Register to get regular updates and receive our weekly bulletin HLINks to finds out what's new and/or to take part in 'calls for information.
To view all the latest Housing LIN case studies, reports, blogs and viewpoints, best to visit our News webpage.
If you would like further information any of the above or would like to discuss other projects that you think will be of interest to the Housing LIN, email us at email@example.com.
In the meantime, register to receive our weekly bulletin HLINks which list the most recent 'calls for information' should you wish to contribute to any of our forthcoming resources.