Welcome to #Jeremytalks (opens new window) and this week’s sector news from the Housing LIN, the last issue ahead of our summer news break.
This week we published a refresh of the Housing LIN factsheet on Interior Design (No34). Updated and written by Lori Pinkerton-Rolet, director of Park Grove Design, the factsheet was officially launched on Tuesday's HAPPI Hour with Motionspot's Ed Warner. The webinar recording and a copy of the presentation slides are now available here.
And hot off the press, the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities have just published their response to consultation on raising accessibility standards for new homes. Read our response here.
In other news, I am pleased to have been invited to be a judge on Inside Housing's UK Housing Awards (opens new window). These prestigious awards are in their 26th year and have a number of categories including 'Best older people's landlord', celebrating a landlord who has played a vital part in providing housing and support to older people. Winners to be announced on Friday, 25 November 2022 at a lunchtime ceremony in Manchester.
What else caught my interest?
- Government consultation: Have your say on the Down Syndrome Act
- Knight Frank report: Seniors Housing Development Update 2022 (opens new window)
- UKRI Health Ageing Challenge announcement: Design for Ageing grant awards (opens new window)
- NHS England report: Tackling inequalities in healthcare access, experience, and outcomes (opens new window)
- Dementia Change Action Network and Neil Crowther Report: Where Are We Now? (opens new window)
Keep up-to-date with the latest on housing and care matters and register here to receive other notifications of your choice, sent direct to your inbox.
If you would like to talk to us about any matters highlighted in this week’s issue, share learning about your work and/or discuss how you can engage our highly regarded consultancy services to support you, please get in contact.
Stay connected and, above all, remain safe.
The Housing LIN would like to thank Willmott Dixon for their support in producing this newsletter.