The Housing LIN has an extensive network of key practitioners from across the housing, health and social care sectors. They include:
- senior staff and commissioners in adult social care and housing involved in strategy, funding, planning and development
- operational staff working in specialist and general needs housing, and care settings;
- architects, housebuilders and developers in the not-for-profit and commercial sectors;
- transforming care leads , clinical commissioning group champions and other NHS employees;
- the research community and other stakeholders, including older people and representative organisations.
Together we create peer-to-peer networking opportunities to share learning and exchange ideas on innovative practice, and support personal development and high quality organisational service improvement on housing with care matters across all ages.
The membership is organised into the 11 regional networks (including Wales and Scotland). Register with us and you can get involved in a variety of ways, locally or online:
Attend regional meetings and events
- Free network and information exchange events that meet at least twice a year in your region.
- These provide a platform to meet industry experts, participate in 'look and learn' tours of new schemes, capture insights into latest policy and practice developments, identify investment opportunities and showcase local innovation solutions.
You will also receive notification about the prestigious Housing LIN annual conference and other events supported by us.
Access to our publications
A wide selection of ‘free to use’ materials commissioned by the Housing LIN specifically to support your learning and professional evelopment needs. These include:
- our e-bulletins, reports, factsheets, case studies, toolkits, technical briefs and viewpoints,
- our 'Health Exchange' and discussion fora to share your knowledge or receive peer-to-peer support and/or advice,
- And you can also share your learning by submitting examples of practice or writing a guest blog or a case study for us
Check out your regional updates
- Find out what's happening in your region in our regular round-up of news
- Browse the online resources, tools and practice examples from your region
Access our ‘free to view’ learning resources
- Sign up to receive our weekly bulletin and quarterly newsletter which captures the latest news, views and resources on housing with care matters
- Browse a range of tools and resources produced to accelerate your learning and keep you up-to-date with the latest market intelligence, funding opportunities and policy and practice developments affecting our sector
- Visit SHOP@ Toolkit, our modelling tool that can help you to forecast the demand for specialist housing in your area
Future Leaders programme
Reflective of the Housing LIN’s commitment to lifelong learning, our Future Leaders programme has been created to benefit individuals with a few years’ experience in housing, care and/or health to support their leadership ambitions. Find out more on our Future Leaders programme webpage.
Underpinned by our highly prized learning and improvement ethos, we have crafted a range of consultancy services that can best help you and your organisation in a changing and challenging work environment. Find out more on our Consultancy pages.
Use our online discussion forum
- Meet and get better networked with people who are really passionate about housing with care
- Post a question, exchange an idea or highlight resources that you have found useful - get connected, share and collaborate with people that care
- Find detailed information on all the DH funded Extra Care Housing and the new Care and Support Housing Fund schemes
- Gain access to wider intelligence on the supply of housing with care in your area
We are also pleased to host the following groups on our website
- Housing and Ageing Alliance
- Dementia and Housing Working Group
- Housing and Safeguarding Adults Alliance