HLINks Weekly: Housing, Health, and Social Care Latest News
Monday 30th October 2023
Welcome back to this week's HLINks! Before we dive in, we'd like to draw your attention to tomorrow's HAPPI Hour webinar looking at issues around remodelling sheltered housing for the 21st Century.
In collaboration with West Waddy Archadia, this session will deliver an update from the APPG Inquiry and present innovative ideas and real-world examples from leaders in the retirement housing sector committed to transforming sheltered housing to meet the needs of current and future generations of older residents. There's still to register!
In the meantime, here's what you can expect in today's newsletter:
- News Highlights: TACT - who offer market-leading accredited Trusted Assessor courses – becomes a new sponsor of the Housing LIN's Inclusive Design web pages.
- Resource Roundup: Including a shared outcomes toolkit for integrated care systems by the Department for Health and Social Care.
- Expert Insights: Tunstall Healthcare's perspective on how technology can be deployed to make all housing solutions work for older people.
- Member Spotlights: Hear from Dementia UK as they raise awareness on International Day of Care and Support.
- Dates for your Diary: Browse our forthcoming HAPPI Hour webinars and other events supported by Housing LIN.
Thank you for being a part of our community. We hope you find this week's HLINks newsletter both informative and engaging. Stay tuned for more exciting updates in the weeks to come!
The Housing LIN Team
The APPG Inquiry into Regeneration of Outdated Sheltered Housing has made a call for evidence about sheltered/retirement housing in the social and private sector including from a range of tenures, social rent, affordable rent, leasehold, sale and shared ownership.
The Inquiry is happy to receive comments/evidence on any aspects of any of these matters listed here.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, 23rd February 2024.
As a leading network connecting housing, health, and social care professionals in the UK, we're excited to announce an exciting job opportunity to help shape the future of housing and care for older people and those with care or support needs.
Deadline for applications is 5pm on Wednesday, 15th November 2023
We are delighted to announce that TACT – offering market leading range of accredited Trusted Assessor courses available UK-wide – is a new sponsor of the Housing LIN and exclusive sponsor of the Housing LIN’s Inclusive Design webpages.
The Department of Health and Social Care has published a toolkit to support place partnerships to develop their own shared outcomes as a powerful means of bringing organisations together from across the health and social care system and making integrated services a reality.
We're delighted to share with you our newest Housing LIN Case Study (No. 169) on accessible and inclusive housing, written in the context of the Enhancing the accessibility, adaptability and usability of Scotland’s homes consultation being conducted by the Scottish Government (closing date 21st December 2023).
The National Academy for Social Prescribing (NASP) has published 13 evidence publications to date which suggest that social prescribing can reduce costs and pressure in the health care system.
Recognising the urgent need to demonstrate the health economic benefits of social prescribing, they commissioned a rapid scoping review of 19 studies on the economic impact of social prescribing and 7 studies on the impact of social prescribing on health service usage.
In light of the government establishing the Older People’s Housing Taskforce, Gavin Bashar, UK Managing Director at Tunstall Healthcare, considers how technology can be deployed to make all housing solutions work for older people.
To coincide with International Day of Care and Support 2023, Dementia UK shared Suzy's story – whose mother was diagnosed with hydrocephalus in her 50s – as she reflects on her dementia journey and the support she received from the Helpline.
Dates for your Diary
- Remodelling sheltered housing for the 21st Century on 31/10/2023 16:00 - 17:00
- Health and Housing: Creating a Better Pathway to Recovery on 07/11/2023 16:00 - 17:00
- Marketing Housing Choices for Older People on 21/11/2023 16:00 - 17:00
- Housing LIN Cymru - Virtual Symposium on 12/12/2023 15:00 - 17:00
- HAPPI 15 years on on 19/12/2023 16:00 - 17:00
Events supported by the Housing LIN
- Tunstall Roadshows | Navigating the digital journey on 20/09/23 - 21/11/23
- Extra Care Housing: Past, Present, Future on 10/11/23 9:30 - 16:30
- Healthy Ageing 2023 on 13/11/23 - 14/11/23
Thank you Tunstall Healthcare
The Housing LIN would like to thank Tunstall Healthcare for its sponsorship of our news pages. This, along with this newsletter, enables us to bring the latest news and information on housing with care and technology matters to our members.