There are many websites with useful information on dementia and services to help people with dementia and their carers to live well. The following sites can be accessed by clicking on the links:
- Department of Health Dementia Strategy (opens new window)
Contains the strategy and other official associated documents
- Alzheimer's Society (opens new window)
User-friendly information on dementia, working with people with dementia, and research, as well as information about the Society's own work. Includes the recent Dementia UK report.
- AT Dementia (opens new window)
This website brings together information about assistive technology that has the potential to support the independence and leisure opportunities of people with dementia.
- Elderly Accommodation Counsel (opens new window)
Provides advice and information on housing and care homes for older people
- The Telecare LIN (opens new window)
The Telecare LIN is the national network supporting local service redesign through the application of telecare and telehealth to aid the delivery of housing, health, social care and support services for older and vulnerable people.
- SCIE - Dementia Gateway (opens new window)
This website contains a set of resources created to support people with dementia, their carers and staff working in dementia services. The Gateway provides practical tips, tools and activities to help you in your work with dementia.
- Innovations in Dementia CIC (opens new window)
Innovations in Dementia is a community interest company which works nationally with people with dementia, partner organisations and professionals with the aim of developing and testing projects that will enhance the lives of people with dementia.
- The Dementia Engagement & Empowerment Project (DEEP) (opens new window)
DEEP brings together groups of people with dementia from across the UK. It supports these groups to try to change services and policies that affect the lives of people with dementia. The website describes their activities and is home to a growing series of DEEP guides which aim to support the involvement of people with dementia. Some are aimed at DEEP groups, others at organisations wanting to work well with people with dementia. They have all been co-produced with people with dementia and will be regularly updated throughout the project.
- The National Housing Federation dementia and housing working group (opens new window) The Housing LIN is a member of this working group. It is trying to raise the profile of housing with the government and key dementia stakeholders. The working group has established four sub-groups and the Housing LIN will be reporting on them and specific actions.
- Dementia Connect (opens new window) is Alzheimer's Society's comprehensive services directory for people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Dementia Citizens (opens new window) is a new digital platform that connects people affected by dementia and researchers. Using apps on smartphones and tablets, people with dementia and carers can enjoy activities that also contribute to dementia research
Dementia Service Development Centres - sources of information and training
- Stirling (opens new window)
Based in Scotland. Offers information, training and consultancy. Well known for guidance on designing for dementia with a web-page and publications dedicated to the topic. Also events and publication pages.
- Dementia Voice (opens new window)
Based in the south-west and now part of H21 group. Provides expertise in research, training and good practice in dementia and older people's mental health to health, housing and social care commissioners and providers.
- Bradford Dementia Group (opens new window)
Part of the University of Bradford with a strong focus on dementia care mapping
- Trent (opens new window)
Houses the new AT Dementia website, provides information on dementia to organisations in the East Midlands and bespoke training courses on person-centred care for people with dementia. It has a page of links to other sources of information
- Northern Ireland (opens new window)
News, events, training, consultancy, publications
- BrainHub (opens new window)
Mental health portal based upon the provision of medical and non-medical multimedia information related to the management of dementia and the support of carers who manage dementia patients.
Improving Dementia Education and Awareness (IDEA) (opens new window)
Online learning centre created by The University of Nottingham to improve the care and quality of life of people with dementia. It is a one-stop website where you will find information and resources including online courses and a range of audio-visual materials about dementia, its causes, treatment and the care of people affected.