- Sheltered housing is a term used to describe accommodation provided specifically for elderly people.
- Such schemes usually have the services of a warden or scheme manager.
- Each property will have a round the clock alarm system so the resident can summon help in an emergency.
- Most schemes also have a common room for social activities, and many have additional facilities such as a communal laundry and a guest suite, and often a shared garden.
- Sheltered housing provides privacy and independence, but with the reassurance of knowing help can be summoned if necessary, and the possibility of socialising with other people who are retired.
And for more about how we can help you strategically or operationally develop a better range of housing choices and transform services for people in a sheltered housing setting, email us at: email@example.com