This research report from the NHF looks at how sheltered and extra care housing benefits individuals and communities, and saves money.
It considers what value can be derived from sheltered housing and extra care housing to the individual, to the community and, as a preventative service, to the taxpayer.
Based on interviews, discussions and desktop research, the report covers:
- why housing is important as we age
- demand for housing for older people
- who is housed in sheltered housing
- outcomes for individuals
- benefits for the community
- economic benefits for individuals
- benefits for the taxpayer.