This Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH) report coincides with their Housing 2018 conference that took place in June 2018.
The report looks to answer key questions surrounding social housing, including:
- What is the role and purpose of social housing today?
- What do people think social housing should be?
- What is the real value of social housing to society?
- How can providers make sure their work is relevant and responsive to the peoples’ housing needs? and,
- How can government support social housing to maximise its potential to provide many of the solutions to our housing crisis?
Finally, the report combines original research and engagement with the sector, tenants, politicians and the public to explore fundamental questions about the future of social housing.