Nottingham City Homes’ Housing to Health is a service aimed at improving links between housing and health in Nottingham.
It's aimed at helping to ease the strain on the health service by providing suitable homes to speed up a patients discharge from hospital, or directing people at risk of being admitted to hospital due to their poor living conditions into good quality homes.
Funded through the Better Care Fund, this evaluation report (for period November 2015 to March 2017) demonstrates the system benefits and improved personal outcomes, including:
Reducing bed blocking to:
- save the NHS money
- free up high demand hospital beds
- reduce the number of empty homes
- free up high demand / under occupation of homes
And helping people to stay healthy, for longer, by:
- encouraging proactive referrals
- preventing hospital admissions / re-admissions
- providing appropriate accommodation that are safer for people to live in
- reducing the need for costly adaptations
More about the project can also be found on the Housing LIN’s Home from Hospital interactive map