The March edition of 'Housing with Care Matters', the highly informative Housing LIN newsletter, is now out. It is packed with all the latest policy, funding and practice developments in England, Wales and Scotland relevant to housing with care and housing related healthcare, social care and support for older people and those with long term conditions.
I would particularly like to highlight an extensive selection of new Housing LIN products. They include:
- Access to the presentations from our industry leading annual conference, 'A Festival of Ideas', which broke all records.
- 5 new Blogs that offer personal insights into a wide range of housing and housing related health, care and/or support issues.
- 2 new Briefings coproduced with the Housing LIN. The first, a joint practice briefing on End of Life Care with the National Council for Palliative Care, National Care Forum and NHS Innovation Quality, was written for those managing housing with care so that you can demonstrate and/or develop your role improving the experience of people approaching the end of life within a housing setting. The second is a jointly published technical brief with ARCO designed to provide an initial starting point for retirement community operators in understanding the main areas of law which apply to the land acquisition, development and operation of those communities.
- 4 new Case Studies, including 'Older under-occupying owners, will they ever move?' and 'Strategic Housing Market Assessment: Housing with Care for Older People in Kent', as well as two Welsh case studies published this quarter on the Housing LIN Cymru: 'Making the best use of stock and support services at RCT Homes' and 'Passion for Life at Cartrefi Conwy: Putting Older People in the Driving Seat in North Wales'
- 1 new Viewpoint, 'Building in Inclusive Design: A modern housing perspective', which restates the case for inclusive design in housing and the wider built environment.
And finally, we bring you the latest updates on a range of other new reports and resources on housing for older people, health, social care, dementia and telecare, along with a round-up of what's happening across our regions, future 'discovery visits', films to watch, our poetry corner and much more.
Stay connected with us for the latest news, views and comments, and find out where you and your colleagues can get involved with the Housing LIN. You can also network with us on Twitter at @HousingLIN
We are grateful to Willmott Dixon for their support of this issue of Housing with Care Matters