This resource pack was produced by the National End of Life Care Programme and Housing 21 with support from a grant from Skills for Care.
Designed specifically with extra care or similar housing in mind, the resource is a practical tool. It provides guidance and information on a range of topics for anyone caring for someone with a life-limiting condition.
The areas covered include:
- Local services and contacts that can help in the delivery of end of life care
- Medication issue
- Common symptoms that might occur at the end of life
- Mobility issues
- Religious, cultural and spiritual needs
- Assistance and care in the last days of life
- Care after death - supporting families and other residents