Welcome to Jeremy talks and my weekly piece to audio to coincide with the Housing LIN's free weekly bulletin, HLINks, week ending Friday, 11 September 2020.
It’s been another bumper week of news with the government setting out it’s latest rules to limit the spread of Covid-19 by making social gatherings of more than 6 people indoors or outdoors illegal from Monday, 14 September. We will be updating our Practice Briefing accordingly.
In other news, the Housing Secretary, Robert Jenrick MP announced a raft of measures to stimulate the housing market, with further details in Homes England’s Affordable Housing Programme prospectus, including how 10% of the allocations will be used to support programme delivery to increase the supply of much needed specialist or supported housing.
In addition, coupled with the recent Planning White Paper, the government announced a new consultation to consider how best to raise accessibility standards for all new homes in recognition of the importance of suitable homes for older and disabled people.
In this week’s HLINks, we also feature our latest guest blog on Coastline Housing’s Click and Connect service in Cornwall. You can read about this and a round-up of other relevant news and events on later life living with regard to homes and communities, health and social care, design and technology, planning matters and more in this comprehensive bulletin.
Check it out and register here to keep in touch with our news alerts and other notifications of your choice, sent direct to your inbox. And remember you can also follow us via our Twitter feeds: @HousingLIN, @HousingLINews and @HLINConsult.
Lastly, if you would like to talk to us about any matters highlighted, share learning about your work and/or discuss how our consultancy services can assist you, email ‘Jeremy talks’ at: email@example.com
You can also listen to Jeremy talks… here
Best wishes and stay connected and be safe,
This week HLINks also includes:
- a round-up of latest/updated Covid-19 resources and guidance relevant to the sector
- our usual a round-up of news headlines and new resources on housing, ageing, design and technology, planning, health and care, calls for information
- Workhome Project Update
- In association with Tetlow King Planning, the updated Older People’s Care Development – Local Development Plan Monitoring
- It’s World Alzheimer’s Month and, to coincide, the 2nd virtual inquiry session of the APPG on Housing and Care for Older People Inquiry on the housing experiences of people living with dementia takes place on 21 September.
- Housing LIN resumes networking events this month – join us for HAPPI Hour
And next week is Accessible Homes Week and we will be publishing a case study of Linc Cymru’s new extra care housing scheme in Maesteg and how the design of the scheme has enabled them to protect residents from Coronavirus to date. We also are supporting a new TCPA campaign of a Healthy Homes Bill which is being formally launched and presented in Parliament next week.
he Housing LIN would like to thank Willmott Dixon for their support in producing this newsletter.
Stay connected, stay well and, above all, be safe!