This year's Summit is also the 10th anniversary of the first ever Housing LIN annual conference and coincides with HAPPI Awareness Week, celebrating the benefits of designing care-ready accommodation and age-friendly housing services.
With many HAPPI-inspired winning entries in this year's Housing Design Awards, we want to further raise awareness over the 5 days and celebrate the benefits of HAPPI with you.
There are several ways you can show your support online for HAPPI Awareness Week and help us to promote the virtues of designing care-ready accommodation and age-friendly housing services, what's best in housing for an ageing population, and the key learning and improvement points:
- Prepare a blog showing the importance of care-ready accommodation and age-friendly housing services, telling us what’s best in housing for an ageing population.
- Help support HAPPI Awareness Week on social media using #HAPPIWeek (opens new window). We’ll be tweeting from @HLINComms (opens new window) and @HousingLIN (opens new window) should you wish to retweet.
- Feature in our weekly bulletin, HLINKs, by sharing your projects with us (in no more than 100 words) at email@example.com that reflect the HAPPI Principles that are based on 10 key design criteria.
- Write up your HAPPI-influenced scheme for a future Housing LIN Case Study. Take a look at our most recent case study that we published on the award-winning Melfield Gardens, Lewisham, by Levitt Bernstein for Phoenix Community Housing
- Attend the Housing LIN Summit 2021 and join influential figures from the housing and care industries for a Festival of Idea. Book now!
You can also share this short animation created to raise awareness of HAPPI Awareness Week and the Housing LIN Summit 2021.
Thinking ahead, we have also shared some resources and stories below that highlight the value in care-ready housing that both offers an attractive alternative to the family home and is able to adapt over time to meeting changing needs.