This submission to the All Party Parliamentary Group on Housing and Care’s inquiry into the future of retirement housing is from CDS Co-operatives.
It suggests that since HAPPI (2009) (opens new window) progess has been disappointing and presents its case that co-operative and mutual housing is particularly suited to meeting the needs and aspirations of many older people.
It contains recommendations on;
- funding to support innovation and new models of provision
- the potential of the localism agenda
- mutuality as a driver of better design
- the scope for new partnerships
- research into the added value created by co-ops and mutual housing organisations
- further opportunities for international learning exchanges