Delivered by our expert trainer and coach, this set two day programme can be tailored to your needs. Using facilitation techniques and learning from the Housing LIN's practical experience, we deliver a thorough account of what good commissioning and operational management of extra care housing and support looks like.
Who is this course for?
It is aimed at anyone who commissions (local authorities or NHS), operates or wants to manage extra care housing (social housing and private operators), and operators who already manage extra care housing.
What the course covers
The two days will be run in a participative way, using your existing knowledge as a platform. Training methods will include presentations, paired work, small group work, and sharing case studies. It includes:
- What are the key elements of Extra Care Housing and Housing with care?
- Understanding different models of Extra Care Housing
- The commissioning environment for housing and support, contracting care; commissioning other commercial services
- Building effective partnerships and relationships between commissioners and operators
- Managing care and support in extra care housing
- Nominations and allocations
- Managing catering arrangements
If you would like to learn more about this course, please email us at: email@example.com