This report from the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) sets out its Taskforce progress and learning from the first phase of the COVID-19 pandemic in informing advice and recommendations to government and the social care sector. It came out at the same time as the DHSC Winter Plan.
The Taskforce oversaw the delivery of 2 packages of support that the government had put in place for the care sector, the Social Care Action Plan and the Care Home Support Plan. In addition, it provided advice on the requirements for the response to Covid in the coming months, ahead of and into winter, also drawing on eight advisory groups and supporting documents published separately (listed below). The Housing LIN were pleased to be a member of the good practice, guidance and innovation group.
- Social Care Sector Covid-19 Support Taskforce: final report, advice and recommendations (opens new window)
- Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) communities Advisory Group paper (opens new window)
- Carers Advisory Group paper: How can we prepare and support carers better? (opens new window)
- Guidance, good practice, and innovation Advisory Group paper (opens new window)
- Mental health and wellbeing Advisory Group paper (opens new window)
- Older people and people affected by living with dementia paper (opens new window)
- People with learning disabilities and autistic people paper (opens new window)
- Self-directed support Advisory Group paper (opens new window)
- Workforce Advisory Group paper (opens new window)