Next Generation Telecare: The evidence to date White Paper

This paper by Alcuris shifts the focus away from purely reactive traditional telecare services to ones that focus on proactive prevention and engaging the strengths of families, friends, and communities. Drawing on findings from a Techforce19 funded project and using its Memo system, it found major care efficiencies in the way care is provided backed up by better quality care planning that reflected users’ needs more closely.

The White Paper provides the first evidence of the impact of this shift and is based on the outcomes from a rapid feasibility study funded by NHSX. Key findings include:

  • Positive reassurance for families with the majority creating daily reassurance alerts and 40% creating alerts for events that worry them.
  • 80% positive feedback from Memo Hub® users, with the remaining 20% neutral.
  • An increase in early preventative interventions by families driven by new insight.
  • 40% of care plans provided by Social Care amended due to the insight provided by the Memo service. Care plan size both increased and decreased, the common factor being a better-quality plan with a closer fit to user needs.