Housing with Care: Guidance on regulated activities for providers of supported living and extra care housing

Following consultation with the housing sector, the Care Quality Commission has published guidance to help providers of housing with care distinguish between the two categories of personal care that need to be registered with them.

  • "personal care"
  • "accommodation for persons who require nursing or personal care"

The CQC uses the term Housing with Care to include supported living schemes, extra care housing and shared lives.