This report by the Joint Center for Housing Studies at Harvard University states that housing is the lynchpin of wellbeing. It recommends that State and local governments need to target locations where older adults are concentrated and devise cost-effective ways to deliver support by:
- supporting public bodies that promote 'liveability'
- expanding the array of housing options for older people
- coordinating housing and long-term care and support services
- improving residential care home options
- engaging older people in the community