The 'Framework for Creating Age-Friendly Homes in Greater Manchester' was developed by the Greater Manchester Ageing Hub’s Housing, Planning and Ageing Group and sets out the thematic priorities for partners to deliver on the ambition of the Age-Friendly Strategy to, ‘increase the supply of age-friendly homes’.
This framework, that sets out their ambitions and the work that they will deliver with their Greater Manchester Ageing Hub partners, identifies five main themes that will be underpinned by the development of a Greater Manchester Age-Friendly Housing Charter. The five main themes are:
- Embedding ageing in all our housing strategy and delivery.
- Resetting the conversation, ‘valuable not vulnerable’.
- Making an impact on the ground.
- Promoting improve or move.
- Celebrating homes and neighbourhoods that enable people to live well in later life.
The framework is based on listening to the voices and experiences of residents, delivering research and analysis, and developing new approaches to housing and the places in which older residents live.