This TSA White Paper warns of the disruption facing social housing tenants who rely on telecare as UK telecoms providers shift from analogue to digital infrastructure.
Launched at their recent conference, it calls on social landlords, councils, suppliers, regulators and government to undertake a number of key actions in order to grasp the scale of the challenge but also the transformative opportunities it presents. In particular:
- Agree a roadmap for digital migration of TEC
- Amend best practice and regulation to enable exploitation of the technology
- Embrace new commercial models that are driven by changing consumer expectations and emerging technologies
- Inject resource and financial support for the initial transition from analogue TEC to digital
- Establish strong national leadership
- Drive collaboration and alignment, driven by clear and accurate communication