The Design Council have launched an Action Plan for Inclusive Environments with industry partners that seeks to make specific commitments to promote the planning, design, construction, development and management of inclusive environments. It includes key actions on:
- Reviewing competencies, including vocational courses, to ensure inclusive environments are properly supported
- Collaborating on industry wide and sectorial Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training
- Rewarding excellence and celebrate success
- Championing inclusive design through leadership and promote awareness
- Collaborating on research, innovation and continual improvement across industry
- Communicating best practice to members and encouraging knowledge sharing between professional Institutions via their Inclusive Environments Hub.