Re-Use of a closed down Care home (Single floor building)

Amrik Bagga 08/09/20 General Housing Topics

All, I currently have a building that was previously a care home (now closed down) which is a single floor building (bungalow). I wanted to explore ideas on converting the building into possible separate self-contained bungalow units or split into self contained units for homelessness or possible units for totally independent elderly people.
Would anyone be able to provide any guidance on similar projects ??

Post a reply

Marie St-Mart 08/10/20

This is a big project you are going into for what ever you will use the property for you will need planning permission to change the status of the property for starters. It is also important to know the difference between having self-contained bungalow to one big shared property because you may need a license.