Jeremy's Welcome to the Housing LIN
Updated on 09/04/2015
Jeremy Porteus, Director
Welcome to the Housing Learning and Improvement Network (LIN) website. We are at the forefront of connecting people, exchanging ideas and sharing resources to help shape and influence the way we think about and deliver housing with care for an ageing population. I hope you find the range of information on the site and our comprehensive set of learning and improvement resources of benefit.
If you are a first time visitor to our site, we are a professional network supporting over 46,000 people working in housing, health and social care to provide the latest policy, practice, research and innovation in housing with care for older and vulnerable people.
The Housing LIN also has a particular focus on extra care housing due to its previous incarnation overseeing the Department of Health's Extra Care Housing Fund (2004-2015) and it's current Care and Support Specialised Housing Fund (2015-2018). However, we are now independent of the Department and work closely with and grateful for the continued support and funding from the sector, trade and professional bodies. This enables us to produce free quality content, maintain this website, keep you informed of latest developments in housing for an ageing society and provide opportunities for networking.
If you would like to be Housing LIN network member, subscribe to our weekly bulletin and quarterly enews, Housing with Care Matters, and/or sign up to receive notification of forthcoming Housing LIN meetings with people with similar interest in your region.
It has never been so important to keep up-to-date with the latest information, intelligence and innovation in the sector, I hope you will stay networked with the Housing LIN
Jeremy's blogs & articles
- Jeremy's Blogs
- Housing our Ageing Population: Positive Ideas (HAPPI 3) - Making retirement living a positive choice (pdf - 4.26Mb)
- Information is power in older people's housing (pdf - 84kb)
- Capital gains - London's ageing population (2015) (pdf - 104Kb)
- Housing skills and learning in a new health and social care landscape (2013) (pdf - 129Kb)
- Housing our Ageing Population: Plan for Implementation (HAPPI2) Report (2012) (pdf - 1.73Mb)
- Living Well At Home Inquiry (pdf - 1.50Mb)
- Living Labs: a brave new world of customer driven extra care housing (pdf - 343Kb)
- Housing, prevention and early intervention at work: a summary of the evidence base (pdf - 481Kb)