Welcome to the Housing Learning and Improvement Network
We are the leading network for connecting people and promoting innovative new ideas that enhance the housing choices of older people. Our extensive learning resources pay attention to improving the delivery of housing and related care and support services.
Housing with Care Matters
Our regular newsletter Housing with Care Matters features the latest funding, policy and practice developments, new online resources and shared learning and networking opportunities.
Learn and improve
Get Smart - Useful tools outlining the principal ways of funding specialist housing, including extra care.
Key materials to help you plan, design and develop specialist housing and age-friendly communities.
Focus on Dementia
Essential information on meeting the housing and care needs of people with dementia.
- Planning Homes and Communities for Older People - Finding your way around the planning maze
- Innovative housing schemes funded by the Department of Health
- Housing LIN forms new network to support improvements in housing for older people in Wales
- The Housing & Ageing Alliance - an Alliance committed to housing and older people
- Housing our Ageing Population: Plan for Implementation (HAPPI2). The APPG inquiry report
- Hospital 2 Home Resource Pack - essential information to support hospital discharge
- 3 'oscar' quality short films bringing care home: promoting independence through integrated working
- Access the Housing and Care for Older People Research Network
- Assisted Living Innovation Platform - The Long Term Care Revolution
- Care Act Consultation: a written response by the Housing LIN
- Interesting read
- Japan's search for a seamless care package
- Telecare eNewsletter July 2014
- Inclusive Design Hub for the Built Environment
- The Dementia Self-Help Project
- LGA Adult Social Care Efficiency Programme
- Safe, warm, decent housing for older people - why it really matters
- HAPPI awards: Rewarding housing design
- Getting the housing offer right for older people: Dreywood Court, Romford
- Grand redesigns: sheltered housing 'chic'
- Community Matters: Making our Communities Ready for Ageing - a call to action