Welcome to the Housing Learning and Improvement Network
We are the leading network for connecting people & promoting innovative ideas that enhance the housing choices of older people. Our extensive learning resources pay attention to improving the delivery of housing, care & support services. Be part of our success.
Housing with Care Matters
Our respected newsletter - 'Housing with Care Matters' - and regular bulletin - 'LINks' - feature the latest funding, policy and practice developments, new online resources and shared learning and networking opportunities. Sign up below.
Learn and improve
Get Smart - Useful tools outlining the principal ways of funding specialist housing, including extra care.
Key materials to help you plan, design and develop specialist housing and age-friendly communities.
Focus on Dementia
Essential information on meeting the housing and care needs of people with dementia.
- Planning Homes and Communities for Older People - Finding your way around the planning maze
- Directory of innovative housing schemes funded by the Department of Health
- Housing LIN forms new network to support improvements in housing for older people in Wales
- The Housing & Ageing Alliance - an Alliance committed to housing and older people
- Housing our Ageing Population: Plan for Implementation (HAPPI2). The APPG inquiry report
- Hospital 2 Home Resource Pack - essential information to support hospital discharge
- Watch 3 'oscar' quality short films bringing care home: promoting independence through integrated working
- Access the Housing and Care for Older People Research Network
- Assisted Living Innovation Platform - The Long Term Care Revolution
- What to expect when someone important to you is dying
- Telecare eNewsletter March 2015
- LINks - latest Housing LIN weekly bulletin (w/c 23 March 2015)
- Better care, better lives: A personal perspective on integrating housing, care and health
- The cost of poor housing to the NHS
- Building Sustainable Homes
- How to engage and work constructively with your local planning authority: Putting the pieces together
- The importance of parking provision in activating demand -
- LINks - latest Housing LIN weekly bulletin (w/c 16 March 2015)
- North West Regional Housing LIN meeting - Stockport
- Rethinking support services for older people – from grant cuts to market opportunity? (supported by the Housing LIN)
- Commissioning and funding care and support services in extra care housing (supported by the Housing LIN)