Welcome to the Housing Learning and Improvement Network
We are the leading network for connecting people & promoting innovative ideas that enhance the housing choices of older people. Our extensive learning resources pay attention to improving the delivery of housing, care & support services. Be part of our success.
Housing with Care Matters
Our respected newsletter - 'Housing with Care Matters' - and regular bulletin - 'LINks' - feature the latest funding, policy and practice developments, new online resources and shared learning and networking opportunities. Sign up below.
Learn and improve
Get Smart - Useful tools outlining the principal ways of funding specialist housing, including extra care.
Key materials to help you plan, design and develop specialist housing and age-friendly communities.
Focus on Dementia
Essential information on meeting the housing and care needs of people with dementia.
- Planning Homes and Communities for Older People - Finding your way around the planning maze
- Directory of innovative housing schemes funded by the Department of Health
- Housing LIN forms new network to support improvements in housing for older people in Wales
- Pioneering Health and Housing Memorandum of Understanding
- Hospital 2 Home Resource Pack - essential information to support hospital discharge
- Assisted Living Innovation Platform - The Long Term Care Revolution
- Housing our Ageing Population: Plan for Implementation (HAPPI2). The APPG inquiry report
- The Housing & Ageing Alliance - an Alliance committed to housing and older people
- Watch 3 'oscar' quality short films bringing care home: promoting independence through integrated working
- A New Model of Care Centred around Home Improvement Agencies
- fire evacuation procedures
- Living Longer, Living Well in Warwickshire: Adding value to people's lives
- A must read, latest Housing LIN weekly bulletin (21 May 2015)
- All our Futures: Housing for Ageing
- The NHS cannot stand still on social care
- Maximising the Benefits of Passivhaus: A Guide to Supporting Older Occupants
- Building community-based support with older people: evidence from research and other reports
- Care Council for Wales launches new code of practice
- Community Hubs: A partnership approach to creating community based services for older people in Gloucestershire
- Designing for Wellbeing in Environments for Later Life
- Business Continuity/Emergency Planning Extra Care