Welcome to the Housing Learning and Improvement Network
We are the leading network for connecting people & promoting innovative ideas that enhance the housing choices of older people. Our extensive learning resources pay attention to improving the delivery of housing, care & support services. Be part of our success.
Housing with Care Matters
Our respected newsletter - 'Housing with Care Matters' - and regular bulletin - 'LINks' - feature the latest funding, policy and practice developments, new online resources and shared learning and networking opportunities. Sign up below.
Learn and improve
Get Smart - Useful tools outlining the principal ways of funding specialist housing, including extra care.
Key materials to help you plan, design and develop specialist housing and age-friendly communities.
Focus on Dementia
Essential information on meeting the housing and care needs of people with dementia.
- Planning Homes and Communities for Older People - Finding your way around the planning maze
- Directory of innovative housing schemes funded by the Department of Health
- Housing LIN forms new network to support improvements in housing for older people in Wales
- The Housing & Ageing Alliance - an Alliance committed to housing and older people
- Housing our Ageing Population: Plan for Implementation (HAPPI2). The APPG inquiry report
- Hospital 2 Home Resource Pack - essential information to support hospital discharge
- Watch 3 'oscar' quality short films bringing care home: promoting independence through integrated working
- Access the Housing and Care for Older People Research Network
- Assisted Living Innovation Platform - The Long Term Care Revolution
- Integration that works: An evaluation of Tile House
- The vital contribution of housing to health outcomes for Wales
- Appointing care providers via PQQ
- Funding of care provision in extra care housing
- Surplus NHS land: A best value alternative
- Fit for Frailty
- Older under-occupying owners, will they ever move? Is the decision to relocate a moving target, more difficult than the move itself? How Can FreeSpace schemes help?
- Telecare eNewsletter January 2015
- Complying with Monitor's integrated care requirements
- LINks - latest Housing LIN bulletin (w/c 19 Jan 2015)
- Lighting up the Health and Housing agenda
- Extra Care Housing - What is it?