Welcome to the Housing Learning and Improvement Network
We are the leading network for connecting people and promoting innovative new ideas that enhance the housing choices of older people. Our extensive learning resources pay attention to improving the delivery of housing and related care and support services.
Housing with Care Matters
Our regular newsletter Housing with Care Matters features the latest funding, policy and practice developments, new online resources and shared learning and networking opportunities.
Learn and improve
Get Smart - Useful tools outlining the principal ways of funding specialist housing, including extra care.
Key materials to help you plan, design and develop specialist housing and age-friendly communities.
Focus on Dementia
Essential information on meeting the housing and care needs of people with dementia.
- Planning Homes and Communities for Older People - Finding your way around the planning maze
- Directory of innovative housing schemes funded by the Department of Health
- Housing LIN forms new network to support improvements in housing for older people in Wales
- The Housing & Ageing Alliance - an Alliance committed to housing and older people
- Housing our Ageing Population: Plan for Implementation (HAPPI2). The APPG inquiry report
- Hospital 2 Home Resource Pack - essential information to support hospital discharge
- Watch 3 'oscar' quality short films bringing care home: promoting independence through integrated working
- Access the Housing and Care for Older People Research Network
- Assisted Living Innovation Platform - The Long Term Care Revolution
- Park Home Living - a good housing option for later life?
- Is your housing dementia friendly?
- Design for Care: Transforming care for the 21st century
- Retirement Housing 2014 - Residential Research report
- Hospital Estates and Facilities Statistics 2013-14
- Information, Advice & Brokerage: Shaping the Future, Gearing Up & Seeing the Benefits
- Latest Housing LIN News LINks
- New Extra Care Housing for Sale
- Ensuring Extra Care is Part of the Community, not a Community Apart
- Welsh Housing Quality Standard
- Extra care housing: Where do residents come from?
- Beeches Manor Wokingham: a template for Dementia Housing with Care