Welcome to the Housing Learning and Improvement Network
We are the leading network for connecting people and promoting innovative new ideas that enhance the housing choices of older people. Our extensive learning resources pay attention to improving the delivery of housing and related care and support services.
Housing with Care Matters
Our regular newsletter Housing with Care Matters features the latest funding, policy and practice developments, new online resources and shared learning and networking opportunities.
Learn and improve
Get Smart - Useful tools outlining the principal ways of funding specialist housing, including extra care.
Key materials to help you plan, design and develop specialist housing and age-friendly communities.
Focus on Dementia
Essential information on meeting the housing and care needs of people with dementia.
- Planning Homes and Communities for Older People - Finding your way around the planning maze
- Directory of innovative housing schemes funded by the Department of Health
- Housing LIN forms new network to support improvements in housing for older people in Wales
- The Housing & Ageing Alliance - an Alliance committed to housing and older people
- Housing our Ageing Population: Plan for Implementation (HAPPI2). The APPG inquiry report
- Hospital 2 Home Resource Pack - essential information to support hospital discharge
- Watch 3 'oscar' quality short films bringing care home: promoting independence through integrated working
- Access the Housing and Care for Older People Research Network
- Assisted Living Innovation Platform - The Long Term Care Revolution
- Deprivation of liberty in housing
- Why eligibility matters at home. A personal view on the Care Act
- Consultation: refreshed version of the Code of Practice for care workers in Wales
- Urgent and Emergency Care Review Update
- Better Care Fund
- extra care housing-strategic approach
- Dementia Leaders Programme for the Housing Sector - Birmingham (supported by the Housing LIN)
- A real home, a real life
- Extra Costs Commission
- Deprivation of Liberty in Supported Housing
- Dementia workforce skilling
- New Housing LIN blog - Jeremy writes...