Where You Are:Homepage > About Us
About the Housing LIN
Updated on 13/08/2013
Roman Ridge Extra Care Scheme, Sheffield
The Housing Learning and Improvement Network (LIN), formerly responsible for managing the Department of Health's (DH) Extra Care Housing capital programme, is the leading 'knowledge hub' for a growing network of housing, health and social care professionals in England involved in planning, commissioning, designing, funding, building and managing housing with care for older people.
We have a reputation as a 'trusted brand', strong links and record of involvement with government, the Homes and Communities Agency, major trade and professional bodies and key industry players across the public, private and voluntary sectors. Our aim is to:
- raise the profile about the housing and care needs and aspirations of older people
- act as a champion for housing with care organisations and, in particular, promoting innovations in Extra Care Housing
- offer unrivaled access to tools that support the way you improve existing housing and related care and support services for older people or deliver new ones
- help you to respond to, inform and influence policy and practice developments and what older people say about service quality
- provide you with an opportunity for effective learning through our national and regional networking activities, and
- enable you to benefit from the latest research, thinking and ideas from the field to help raise standards
Why get connected with the Housing LIN?
The outstanding Housing LIN website offers a range of proven products that support our national and regional learning and improvement activities.
Members enjoy access to:
- Publications: materials commissioned by the Housing LIN specifically to support action learning - e-bulletins, reports, factsheets, case studies, toolkits, technical briefs and viewpoints (sign up for our e-bulletin, Housing with Care Matters)
- Information centre: key facts and figures on housing, health and social care
- Key learning resources: everything you need to know on funding, planning, designing and delivering housing for older people; integrating housing, health and care; innovations in housing and dementia
- Online directories: detailed information on all the DH funded Extra Care Housing and the new Care and Support Housing Fund schemes, and access to wider intelligence on the supply of housing with care in your area
- Discussion boards: opportunities to discuss, post Q&As and social networking to help test out thinking, access information from other network members (register to participate in our online networks)
- Regional networking: free regional network and information exchange meetings in their area. These meet at least twice a year in each region and provide a platform to meet experts, tour latest schemes, capture latest policy and practice developments, investment opportunities and showcase local innovation (register to become a member in your region)
- Conferences and learning events: a series of conferences and seminars throughout the year to promote latest publications and disseminate key findings (see our website for forthcoming events)
- Research and analysis: drawing on latest research by trade and professional bodies and academic institutions that improves the evidence base for specialist housing and being the first to learn about the findings on the benefits of housing with care
- Supporting information and knowledge exchange for the Department of Health Care and Support Specialised Housing Fund
- Member of the Prime Minister's Dementia Challenge Champion's Group
- Publishing latest guidance for local authorities to facilitate strategic planning and commissioning of housing with care, and using our analysis tools to help access existing and forecast future supply and demand
- Work with the DH, the Homes and Communities Agency and other potential funders to identify and lever in additional private and public capital investment and efficiencies into specialist housing for older and disabled people
- A comprehensive web resource. Member's quote: "The Housing LIN is one of the most useful sites that I have access to in my work in this sector. It's highly topical and provides excellent coverage of a huge range of relevant topics."
- An annual conference and over 30 regional meetings, thematic seminars, workshops and events a year exclusively for Housing LIN members
- High level endorsements and sponsorship to sustain our activities and enable us to maintain a free service to our 46,000 members
- Links to other essential information sources and websites, including our sponsors and partners
Housing LIN Brochure
This brochure outlines our aims and objectives, and the benefits of being a member of the Housing LIN