Building in the extensive range of resources available on our dedicated 'Design Hub', our team can help you with:
- Policy and procedures: Application of current best practice recommendations on policy and procedures in planning, accessible housing and adaptations. How to gather and analyse local accessible housing needs data to inform the development of local plans. Developing policies and procedures on integrated models of delivery for housing adaptations;
- Design Briefs that provide the design rationale underpinning the specifications for accessible, inclusive and 'care ready' environments;
- Audit of plans, product and material schedules pre and post planning, and detailed analysis and recommendations on room layouts, to maximise future proofing and adaptability;
- Specialist advice on the Interpretation, application and prioritisation of building regulations and best practice to support design decisions when planning environments to account for physical, sensory, cognitive and neurodiversity including sight loss, dementia and learning disability;
- Site reviews and appraisals and recommendations on new build and retrofit, on suitability for mainstream and specialist housing for older and disabled people, including sheltered housing, extra care housing and supported accommodation; and
- Post occupancy evaluations on the design detail in relation to space, layout, utilities, products, and interior design to inform future design briefs.
The Housing LIN can offer specialist consultancy on the design of accessible and inclusive housing design to ensure that each scheme is tailored to local commissioning intentions, meets HAPPI design requirements and is delivered fit for purpose, with the aim of improving the quality accommodation for older and disabled people across all tenures.
To find out more about the specialist support available from the Housing LIN, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org (opens new window)