SHOP@ has compiled data from a number of sources and made simple assumptions that support an initial options or market appraisal by local partners. It does not recommend any development or specific solutions. It is a tool to help you make informed decisions.
Information has been drawn from the following:
- Elderly Accommodation Counsel (opens new window) national housing database
- Latest Office for National Statistics census data
- A selection of useful tools, including:
- ADASS/Housing LIN Resource Pack, Strategic Housing for Older People: Planning, designing and delivering housing that older people want, and
- The Housing LIN et al guide, Housing in Later Life; Planning ahead for specialist housing for older people
- Department of Health/Department for Communities and Local Government toolkit More Choice, Greater Voice: a toolkit for producing a strategy for accommodation with care for older people