Building value into the procurement of extra care housing: Improving efficiencies and driving up quality
Chair: Steve Skuse, New Business Director, Willmott Partnership Homes
- Phil Bayliss, Managing Director of Retirement Housing, Legal & General Capital
- Charlotte Cook, Partner, Winkworth Sherwood
- Ben Hartley, Director, Carterwood
- Susan Rugg, Associate Director, Faithful+Gould
The panellist explored the following questions:
Current Procurement Overview
- What experience do you have currently of the programme of projects coming forward?
- What are the common themes that stall or protract the delivery of new extra care housing?
- Do you think the extra care housing offer needs a radical change or just some minor interventions?
- Do you see the private or public sector leading the delivery or a blend of both sectors?
Improving Efficiencies and driving up quality
- Have you seen or are you aware of improved efficiencies in procurement?
- What do you think needs to change to drive up quality – and how would you define quality?
- Have you seen examples of increased ‘up front’ capital investment reducing longer term revenue subsidy?
- Do you see future generations demanding something different?
- Do you see advances in technology and future generations driving demand for a different service and product?