Call for information: Supported housing & Covid-19 - current practice and issues
In response to discussion with our members and to support the sector we have posted this thread on our discussion forum. It is designed to share learning and intelligence from organisations that are providing supported housing services, for example for people with learning disabilities, for people with mental health related needs, for vulnerable young people, for people experiencing domestic abuse.
We will collate and analyse the responses to these discussion threads alongside our wider intelligence to inform future briefings for our members and to feed into discussions with Government officials.
Please post examples of your organisation’s current or emerging practice or concerns in relation to the following issues, in the light of the Government’s COVID-19 position and guidance published since Monday, 11 May. Please let us know about as many of these as are relevant to your organisation:
- Infection control and hygiene procedures
- PPE – what you are using and ease of procuring it
- Access to and use of testing for staff and residents/tenants
- Approaches to the use of communal spaces and applying social distancing
- Application of the current ‘shielding’ advice and effectiveness of local support arrangements for those who are ‘shielding’
- Cleaning arrangements and procedures in communal spaces
- Management of voids and lettings
- Maintenance and contractor arrangements
- Management of other visitors
- Changes to levels of on-site staffing presence