We are well networked to provide you with the necessary insight and intelligence to help you understand the change health ‘architecture’ make the strategic and operational connections with housing.
Formerly part of the Change Agent Team at the Department of Health working with commissioners and providers to deliver better integrated care, the Housing LIN is a signatory to the Health and Housing Memorandum of Understanding.
In particular, we can support you with:
- Developing new models of at home care and support that meet local NHS priorities
- Advising on better use of public land, including surplus NHS estate for specialist and mainstream housing purposes
- Demonstrating the evidence of where housing interventions create a ‘health dividend’ and aid service improvements or meet better outcomes
- Delivering improvements and innovations in health and housing partnerships that reduce demand on the NHS and/or social care budgets and make the business case for further capital and/or revenue investment
- Providing advice and guidance to ensure your board and staff are better informed on the changing health landscape. Know your STPs from you TCPs or BC
The Housing LIN has been commissioned by several local authorities, housing associations, private developers of retirement housing and charities, as well as national trade and professional bodies to produce local health and wellbeing strategies, make the connection with housing in local strategic or operational plans to deliver better at home care and support choices for older people and people with learning disabilities - for example, as an alternative to NHS inpatient or local authority residential/nursing care, or to avoid a delayed transfer of care – and to produce practical guidance/tools for those working within local health economies to deliver better patient outcomes or service transformation.
To find out how you we can work with you on your health and housing agenda, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org