This is list shows the topics and resources tagged using 'mental health'.
- Beginning to have conversations about mental health in later life housing settingsResource - Added on
Written by Jolie Goodman, Manager & Lead Facilitator, Standing Together Project, Mental Health Foundation Mental health can be a taboo subject among people in later life.
This can have a negative impact on wellbeing.
- More than shelter: Supported accommodation and mental healthResource - Added on
Published by the Centre for Mental Health, this report reviews evidence about supported housing services for people with mental health problems in England.
It finds that there is very limited evidence about what kinds of support are most effective for people with mental health problems but that most people prefer help in their own homes to being in sheltered or transitional accommodation, with access to a wide range of support at home.
- Living Well in Old Age: The value of UK housing interventions in supporting mental health and wellbeing in later lifeResource - Added on
Older people are at an increased risk of developing mental health problems as a result of bereavement, a drop in status in retirement, or a disability that affects how they get about and what they can do.
This report by the Social Care Workforce Research Unit at KCL for HACT is set out in two parts.
- Working together in the Midlands to tackle mental health issues and DementiaResource - Added on
This brochure by a group of Midlands housing providers highlights new approaches to tackling mental health issues.
It emphases the very positive value of health and housing partnerships, and the savings and successful outcomes they bring for individuals with mental health issues and dementia.
- Using the Mental Capacity ActResource - Added on
This SCIE video explains the MCA and how it can protect the right to make choices.
It explains how the Act is relevant to everyone, whether as individual citizens, carers or paid employees.
- Mental health service interventions for people who sleep roughResource - Added on
Homeless Link have updated their tools and guidance on:assessing the risks associated with rough sleeping the use of the Mental Capacity Act the use of the Mental Health Act developing a hospital admission plan and raising safeguarding adults alerts.
This report has been developed by Lambeth Council in partnership with South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, Thames Reach and the Greater London Authority.
- The Five Year Forward View for Mental HealthResource - Added on
An independent Mental Health Task Force sets out an ambition to improve the care and support available from the NHS for people experiencing a mental health crisis.
It recognises that housing is critical to the prevention of mental health problems and the promotion of recovery.
- Rebuilding Lives: Formerly homeless people's experiences of independentResource - Added on
This KCL research, funded by the NIHR SSCR, tracked a group of 297 homeless people for five years after they were rehoused.
The project examined their experiences and is the largest and only UK study of its kind.
- Housing and mental health: providing support for people in needResource - Added on
This report by the Mental Health Foundation identifies which types of supported accommodation successfully meet the needs of people with mental health problems and draws on the expertise of people living and working in these settings across England to capture the issues on the ground.
- Mental Health Crisis Care Concordat: Improving outcomes for people experiencing mental health crisisResource - Added on
In February 2014, a number of national organisations involved in health, policing, social care, housing, local government and the third sector came together and signed the Crisis Care Concordat.
It sets out how organisations will work together better to make sure that people get the help they need when they are having a mental health crisis.