This is list shows the topics and resources tagged using 'BME elders'.
- At home - audit tool for housing related services for older BME peopleResource - Added on
Published by Housing and Older People Development Group, 2006 The 'AT HOME' toolkit has been designed to help ensure that housing and related services take account of the needs of black and minority ethnic (BME) elders.
It will be particularly useful to service commissioners and providers, as well as older people from BME groups.
- Beyond Sheltered Accommodation - a review of Extra Care housing and care home provision for BME eldersResource - Added on
Summary of desk research into current provision of extra care housing and care homes catering for BME elders.
Provides examples of services in England and highlights gaps in research and services.
- BME Older People's Joint Service Initiative - analysis and evaluation of current strategies - Sheffield Resource - Added on
Housing LIN Case study No20 - Summary of a full report on Health, Housing and Social Services Policies in Sheffield towards BME older people.
- Bridging the gaps - social exclusion of BME eldersResource - Added on
Published by hact as part of a series, this insight document focuses on learning from 7 projects funded under hact's Older People's Programme.
It summarises outcomes from the projects and the learning points for commissioners to improve responsiveness to BME needs.
- Developing extra care housing for BME eldersResource - Added on
This Housing LIN Report focuses on issues around providing specific extra care housing to BME elders as well as improving access more generally.
It also offers a self-assessment checklist for commissioners and providers to consider when developing their extra care housing strategies and delivery plans.
- Dove Court, Bradford - Developed with the local communityResource - Added on
An illustration of the benefits of community engagement in the pre-development stages, and incorporating resources for the wider community in a scheme.
Can't see the video above?Download the latest flash player Alternative video formats (please note these are large files);Dove Court Windows Media (78mb) Dove Court Apple Quicktime (135mb) If you wish to save these videos;PC - Right click and choose 'Save Target As' Mac - Hold the Ctrl button and click your mouse button, then choose 'Save Link As'.
- Housing for Older People from the Chinese Community - MiddlesbroughResource - Added on
Housing LIN Case Study No11 - Example of a local community development partnership between a housing association and a Chinese community association.
- Older People - Minority Groups
Topic - Added on
Housing services need to reflect the diversity of local populations.
The information in these pages is intended to help service commissioners and providers understand relevant policy and practice issues.
Topic - Added on
Visualising Extra CareThis is a series of short films illustrating different approaches to delivering extra care housing.
These are designed to be used for a range of audiences to demonstrate the variety of models and the outcomes they can deliver.
- The housing, care and support needs of South Asian EldersResource - Added on
A summary from the Housing Corporation of a research projects that looks at some of the practical challenges that South Asian elders face in meeting their housing and support needs.
A fuller report is available on the Housing Corporation website.