Viewpoint on Downsizing for older people into Specialist Accommodation
Updated on 14/11/2011
This Housing LIN Viewpoint no 19 makes the case for encouraging more providers to create attractive specialist schemes, and for encouraging more people to move into them, to "stay younger longer". It considers the considerable challenges and the opportunities we face currently in delivering a programme of specialist accommodation, of funding improvements to existing schemes and providing a wider range of new schemes to meet current and future needs.
(This is one of two Viewpoints on 'downsizing' commissioned by the Housing LIN. Viewpoint No17 considers downsizing into general needs housing )
This resource appears on the following page(s):
Also of interest
- A new lease for life: partnership opportunities for increasing capacity in extra care housing
- Downsizing in general needs housing
- Viewpoint on Co-Production, Personalisation and Housing: Improving Outcomes for Individuals and Communities
- What about the other 95%?
- Incentives for downsizing - oiling the wheels of the housing market system