Remodelling sheltered housing & residential homes to Extra Care housing - advice to housing and care providers
Updated on 01/05/2014
This Housing LIN Report is based on findings of the project "Remodelling Sheltered Housing and Residential Care Homes to Extra Care Housing", carried out by a multi-disciplinary team of two social gerontologists, two architects, a rehabilitation engineer, an occupational therapist and an economist.
Advice is offered to different groups of professionals.
- Remodelling sheltered housing & residential homes to Extra Care housing - advice to housing and care providers (pdf - 171Kb)
- Remodelling sheltered housing and residential care homes to extra care housing (pdf - 126Kb) Remodelling as an option needs to be a careful choice when other alternatives including rebuilding have been considered. Published by UCL and King's College London
We are grateful to Sanctuary Supported Living for their support to enable us to develop and maintain these pages.
Chris Munday, Managing Director, Sanctuary Supported Living
This resource appears on the following page(s):
Also of interest
- Community Involvement in planning Extra Care in Brighton & Hove
- Elderly people and private Extra Care - housing needs and aspirations
- Strategic Moves - thinking, planning & delivering differently
- Yorkshire & Humber Region Extra Care regional assessment study
- Risk Matrix - housing LIN Questions & Answers