- Housing LIN works with councils on homes for ageing population19/01/2017
Housing LIN has secured a LGA contract to work with local authorities blazing a trail in meeting the housing needs of our ageing population. We are keen to hear from you and receive examples of good practice.
- Paying for Supported Housing Briefing Paper04/01/2017
The House of Commons Library published a briefing paper which explains the impact of the Government's policy of requiring rent reductions, and also the application of Local Housing Allowance caps, on the supported housing sector.
- The Benefits of Making a Contribution to Your Community in Later Life04/01/2017
Centre for Ageing Better report finds that people aged 50 with fewer social connections, lower levels of income and education, and poorer health may have the most to gain from helping others.
- Disabled facilities grants for home adaptations28/12/2016
This House of Commons briefing paper provides an overview of the disabled facilities grants (DFGS) system and other help available to secure disabled adaptations in residential premises.
- Inclusive Environments video from Design Council15/12/2016
Inclusive Environments is a Design Council Cabe initiative to raise awareness about the importance of designing places that meet the needs of the diversity of people who want to use them.
- NHF Blog: It is vital we find a sustainable funding mechanism for supported housing12/12/2016
David Orr, Chief Executive of the National Housing Federation states that housing associations have a key role to play in securing a better funding system to provide the supported housing we need.
- Ministers consider council tax rise to cover social care funding12/12/2016
Local authorities could be allowed to make a further increase in council tax to pay for social care.
- If telecare doesn't work then why are councils still investing in it?12/12/2016
A research project aims to identify what local authorities want from telecare following evidence that it does not improve outcomes, says John Woolham
- Pollard Thomas Edwards completes UK's first over 50s co-housing scheme09/12/2016
Pollard Thomas Edwards has completed the UK's first co-housing project for older residents in north London, comprising brick mews houses arranged around a communal garden.
- Human rights probe into disabled housing crisis in Scotland09/12/2016
High level EHRCS investigation will look at why disabled people's housing needs are woefully unmet in Scotland.
- Baby Boomers: Fit for the Future08/12/2016
Report on the health of people that are currently 50 to 70 years of age: a generation often called the 'baby boomers'.
- Equity release lending on course to exceed £2billion this year08/12/2016
According to the Equity Release Council, the third quarter of 2016 saw homeowners releasing a record breaking amount of money from their homes as equity release lending continues to grow.
- Law Commission review of the DoLS delayed01/12/2016
Law Commission Deprivation of Liberty project update - publication of final report and draft bill will be delayed. It was planned to be published by the end of 2016, but is now expect to be published in March 2017.
- Our Dementia, Our Rights01/12/2016
Dementia Policy Think Tank guide is to bring together in one place the facts about some of the key rights relating to dementia in the UK.
- Is housing really ready to go digital? A manifesto for change01/12/2016
This Housing Associations' Charitable Trust (HACT) report finds the UK housing sector to be stuck in a technology rut. It states that there is little evidence housing providers are capable of responding to the challenges and opportunities of a transformed technology landscape.
- Town and Country Planning Association (TCPA) Journal: Healthy Planning - Securing Outcomes from United Action30/11/2016
This is the second special edition journal on health and planning which PHE has supported along with a number of other joint publications in partnership with the TCPA.
- Laying the Foundations - Financial Education, Housing Finance and Homeownership in North East England30/11/2016
Thirteen Group and the North East of England Chamber of Commerce have been working together on a project that takes a fresh look at the issue of housing in the North East.
- Stop the Scandal: the case for action on mental health and rough sleeping30/11/2016
St Mungo's report investigates how national and local government and the NHS can build effective services to put an end to the mental health crisis on our streets.
- Planning for the climate challenge? Understanding the performance of english local plans30/11/2016
This TCPA report funded by JRF shows that despite international commitments on carbon reduction, and the increasing intensity and frequency of climate-related impacts, local plans in England are failing to cut carbon emissions and to plan for the scale of severe weather predicted over future years.
- Transform Ageing launches to redesign the experience of later life28/11/2016
Design Council is leading a new initiative to help improve the experience of ageing funded by the Big Lottery Fund and initially based in the south-west of England.
Subscribe to our eNews and receive important updates direct to your inbox