- Housing and Wellbeing briefing27/02/2017
This paper by SCIE offers a broad overview of evidence on the links between housing and housing interventions and wellbeing.
- Delivering sustainability and transformation plans - From ambitious proposals to credible plans27/02/2017
This King's Fund report examines the content of the 44 sustainability and transformation plans (STPs) that were submitted in October 2016.
- Does living in a retirement village extend life expectancy?23/02/2017
This joint report by the International Longevity Centre - UK and Cass Business School investigates the possible benefits of retirement village life with respect to life expectancy.
- Top ten tips when choosing a support provider20/02/2017
This is a VODG guide, supported by Skills for care, to help anyone who is looking to buy social care support for themselves or a friend or relative.
- Housing White Paper: Ageing should have been front and centre13/02/2017
Rachael Docking, Senior Evidence Manager at the Centre for Ageing Better gives her opinion on the Housing White Paper.
- What is the evidence for the cost or cost-effectiveness of housing and support options for people with care or support needs?02/02/2017
The National Development Team for Inclusion discusses the evidence for the cost or cost-effectiveness of housing and support options
- Working with Care Providers to Understand Costs - A guide for adult social care commissioners02/02/2017
CIPFA practical guide for adult social care commissioners who wish to develop their understanding of the costs involved in providing care to help them meet these duties.
- Combatting Lonelinesss: Living in Manchester - our age-friendly city02/02/2017
- Research briefing: supported housing - How much top-up funding will be required under the Government's proposed model, and what might a different cap look like?31/01/2017
National Housing Federation and The Riverside Group Ltd work together to examine the variable impact of the LHA cap across different areas.
- One Hundred Years of Housing Space Standards: What Now?31/01/2017
Julia Park, architect and Head of Housing Research at Levitt Bernstein gives a detailed and contextual analysis of housing space standards.
- EAC National Housing for Older People Awards 201730/01/2017
The deadline for submissions is 28th February 2017 with the awards taking place on the 16th Mary 2017 at Edgbaston Cricket Ground, Birmingham.
- Health care & people who are homeless - Commissioning Guidance for London23/01/2017
This commissioning guidance by the London Homeless Health Programme aims to support commissioners in London's clinical commissioning groups to improve health services for people who are homeless.
- Housing LIN works with councils on homes for ageing population19/01/2017
Housing LIN has secured a LGA contract to work with local authorities blazing a trail in meeting the housing needs of our ageing population. We are keen to hear from you and receive examples of good practice.
- Paying for Supported Housing Briefing Paper04/01/2017
The House of Commons Library published a briefing paper which explains the impact of the Government's policy of requiring rent reductions, and also the application of Local Housing Allowance caps, on the supported housing sector.
- The Benefits of Making a Contribution to Your Community in Later Life04/01/2017
Centre for Ageing Better report finds that people aged 50 with fewer social connections, lower levels of income and education, and poorer health may have the most to gain from helping others.
- Disabled facilities grants for home adaptations28/12/2016
This House of Commons briefing paper provides an overview of the disabled facilities grants (DFGS) system and other help available to secure disabled adaptations in residential premises.
- Inclusive Environments video from Design Council15/12/2016
Inclusive Environments is a Design Council Cabe initiative to raise awareness about the importance of designing places that meet the needs of the diversity of people who want to use them.
- NHF Blog: It is vital we find a sustainable funding mechanism for supported housing12/12/2016
David Orr, Chief Executive of the National Housing Federation states that housing associations have a key role to play in securing a better funding system to provide the supported housing we need.
- Ministers consider council tax rise to cover social care funding12/12/2016
Local authorities could be allowed to make a further increase in council tax to pay for social care.
- If telecare doesn't work then why are councils still investing in it?12/12/2016
A research project aims to identify what local authorities want from telecare following evidence that it does not improve outcomes, says John Woolham
Subscribe to our eNews and receive important updates direct to your inbox