The Housing and Safeguarding Adults Alliance brings together leading-edge housing providers to work alongside professional and trade body representatives, and our partners in adult social care and health, to encourage, assist, promote and recognise the role and contribution of the housing sector in safeguarding adults.
Our aim is to improve the engagement of all social housing providers in safeguarding adults and build greater understanding by the statutory partners of the key role housing can play.
Hosted by the Housing LIN, the resources on this page have been generated by members of the Alliance. In addition we signpost to material from other sources which help to meet our objectives, including the Housing LIN's own Adult Safeguarding Pages and the Housing LIN's legislation pages. The latter contain resources about the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty which are fundamental to safeguarding adults with cognitive impairments.
Housing and adult social care staff are invited to contact the Alliance with good practice examples and other demonstrations of how housing's engagement in safeguarding adults has been enhanced and improved. Please email Chair of the Alliance:
For our Terms of Reference and more information on our membership, please see:
For our resources click on the links in the blue boxes below:
PRACTICE - ISSUES AND GUIDANCE
- Housing LIN Adult Safeguarding resources
- Housing LIN Legislation pages
- Winterbourne View - Time for Change
- SCIE guide 'Adult safeguarding for housing staff'
- ADASS/LGA Domestic Abuse and Safeguarding Guide
- CIH blog - July 2014
- Inside Housing article - July 2014
- Social housing and adult safeguarding: overdue improvements - September 2014
- Hertfordshire Housing and safeguarding adults conference 18/09/2014 - Presentations and notes